Front End Developer / Web Developer
Job Title: Front End Developer
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Salary: Competitive salary (negotiable) + benefits
The company is looking to recruit a Front End Developer to develop their client's flagship platform.
Based in the Shrewsbury office, the successful candidate will be a key part of an evolving development team that is producing a comprehensive platform to manage, support and enhance high profile internet marketing campaigns.
The successful candidate will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. An analytical mind-set coupled with the ability to think laterally is a must for this role.
In their new role, the successful candidate will:
- Assist in defining software architectures
- Explain progress on the development effort
- Successful delivery of the solutions to agreed timelines
- Collaboration with leads to explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, and learn the applications capabilities
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
- Ensure operations requirements are met prior to production deployment
- Assist triage and resolution for production issues as they arise
To apply for the role of Front End Developer you should have the following skills and experiences:
- Strong experience (3 years +) of using standards-compliant and accessible front-end technology - HTML5, CSS3
- Experience in building re-usable web components
- Comfortable with pre-processing and transpiling using webpack or gulp
- Ability to integrate with external api sources (both our own platforms and third parties such as google, facebook etc).
- Good understanding of cross browser/device testing
- Experience of version control tools (Git)
- Excellent levels of communication
- Proactive approach to work with a high level of enthusiasm for web development
- Familiarity of the principles of client based authentication
- Natural visual flair and understanding of a compelling user experience
- Understanding of how to manage communication between front end applications and remote apis -from simple ajax requests to websockets, subscription based pub/sub, graphQL
- Natural passion for thirst for knowledge in a constantly evolving industry - always be looking for a better way to achieve the objectives.
- Work proactively on a project - use your experience to feedback suggestions or improvements
Please be aware that only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this position. Please do not apply if you are not eligible to work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.