Data Operator - Reading, Town Centre
Salary: £17,000-£19,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 40h/w, Mon-Fri
Location: Reading, Town Centre
Reporting to: Data Operations Manager
Due to our clients steady and continued success they are looking to appoint a Data Operator on a full-time basis at their office in Reading.
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is a small software company based in the centre of Reading (Church Street, a 1 minute walk from The Oracle). They provide software to make websites work on all mobile devices from small screens on smartwatches to large TVs
They are now used by over 1.5 million servers around the world and growing at an average rate of 10% per month. Their products are easy to implement. A free open source version is provided and users can upgrade on-line. Geeks love them!
Our client is being used by the likes of EBay, Disney, Unilever and Microsoft to name a few. Now it's time to unleash this software to the rest of the world!
What you will be doing:
* Keeping our device database up to date with new device information and ensuring its accuracy
* Running the data import and export processes of new devices
* Verify and correct data where necessary
* Creating new profiles into the database
* Following business procedures
* Support company's continual improvement programme
* Dealing with other reasonable work request as required
* Monitoring latest mobile trends
* Working within a friendly and supportive team
* Capable of working well on your own and as a part of a team
* Using your initiative and logical problem solving skills
* A meticulous eye for detail
* A confident problem solver with the ability to think logically and recognise trends and patterns
* A passion for working in mobile tech environment
* A strong communicator
* Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office. Excel
* A minimum of GCSE Grade C Mathematics, IT and preferably English is required.
Please do not apply unless you have these minimum achievements.
* Previous experience of using a database, SQL
* Experience updating and managing systems and records
* Confidence to communicate and work with a small team
This position will suit individuals who are motivated and conscientious and keen to develop their skills with the opportunity to grow within the company.
Next steps and to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter today
CLOSING DATE: Dec 2016.
If you do not hear from our client directly, please assume you have not been selected for interview.