The Vedas Group are proud to be working with a local school in the Burnley area who are seeking a Business Administration Apprentice
Reporting to the Office Manager and Administrative Officer and to act as Office Apprentice in the main office and support for a range of functions.
To support the day to day running of The School by providing organisational office support to the Office Manager/Head Teacher and Administrative Officer whilst undertaking an NVQ Level 2 Business Admin qualification and receiving on the job training and support.
Work closely with the Office Manager to develop your skills and ensure that effective communication and administration services are provided at all times.
Providing clerical and administrative support to the office of the school.
• To work towards the learning objectives of the Apprenticeship Programme
• To meet all targets and objectives in the Individual Learning Plan
• Assist the Office Manager to provide office cover during office open hours.
• Meet and greet visitors and advise and direct them as necessary, ensuring that all visitors sign in and out of the building in accordance with the buildings fire/emergency procedures.
• Operate a busy telephone system and to take, record, and forward accurate messages.
• Keep the reception area and other public areas tidy at all times, and ensure that all notice boards are kept up to date.
• Provide a photocopying, laminating and franking service for departments within the school.
• Process both incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis, ensuring mail is distributed to the correct recipient as quickly as possible.
• To carry out such other duties which are within the scope of this post, as directed by the Office Manager or Head Teacher.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, iPads, Internet Explorer and Outlook would be an advantage.
• Develop and maintain efficient filing systems, ensuring that information is stored in accordance with data security protocol.
• Undertake routine computer tasks, including data entry and utilise Microsoft Outlook for email purposes.
• Support promotional activities for the service either by attending events or by producing up to date publicity as per team decisions with Administrative Officer
• Liaise with the Office Manager to ensure that room bookings for training and staff meetings are booked in advanced and develop minute taking skills in order to minutes these meetings over time.
• Develop an understanding of the rota system and where possible assist to resolve staffing issues on a weekly basis with the Office Co-ordinator and Service Managers.
• Undertake any appropriate training for the development of this role.
• Ability to use own initiative, but also able to take instruction and carry out work quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to work as an effective team member as part of a small but busy team.
• Ensure the Confidentiality & Data Protection Policy statement is followed at all times
• Compliance with relevant policies and procedures from the school
• The duties and responsibilities in this job are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not, however, substantially change the general character of the post.
HOURS OF WORK:
8:15am till 4:15pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - with half hour for lunch.
Shortlisting: If you are shortlisted for this position we will contact you within 5 working days of your application.