Support worker / Personal Assistant - Buckingham
5 days left
- Full Time
Support Woker / Personal Assistant/s Required
Our client sustained a traumatic brain injury and having participated in a period of intensive rehabilitation would like an assistant to work with her to undertake her weekly routine which includes riding, therapy appointments, exercise and shopping.
- Would you like to work 1:1 supporting someone in their home and the community?
- Assisting them to live a full, meaningful life?
- Are you able to work within guidance from therapists and colleagues?
- Using your current experience and interest of equestrian sports?
You must be a car driver with a full clean driving license and a car available to you whilst working. You must be able to provide at least 2 professional references and agree to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Support work/personal assistant experience an advantage
- Brain injury experience an advantage
- Experience of working with behaviours that challenge an advantage
- Team experience an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of acquired brain injury an advantage
- Degree level educated preferable
- Excellent communication skills, articulate and able to support our client's speech and language therapy programme
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and ways of working in a 1:1 setting
- Responsible, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
- Full UK driving license holder
- Supporting our client to maintain a timetable of weekly activity and facilitate planned activities. This includes taking our client to the stables to ride and train.
- Contribute to the planning of meaningful activity for our client
- To prompt and assist with activities of daily living, such as meal preparation
- To be aware of the cognitive and behavioural problems our client has as a result of her injuries and how to support her appropriately
- Ensure our client is able to maintain her maximum level of independence and provide prompting and assistance as appropriate
- To attend appointments as requested by the client or Case Manager
- Ensure you maintain records as required. This will include making notes on all activities carried out with our client throughout the day
- To accompany our client to events / activities as appropriate
- Ensure consistency of approach
Job hours/Contract Type:
- Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm at £12.00 per hour. This may be split between more than one PA – 6 MONTH CONTRACT.
For more information please apply online with a CV and covering letter.
Apply for Support worker / Personal Assistant - Buckingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly