Safeguarding Officer based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of up to £24,726
Derwen College is an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best possible staff to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Safeguarding Officer to join our Student Services team. This role will support the Safeguarding Manager to ensure our students/trainees are safe and that our processes are followed in line with recommended standards.
The role of Safeguarding Officer:
- Ensure the College meets its statutory safeguarding obligations
- Ensure policies, procedures and structures are in place to promote the welfare and protection of our students/trainees
- Ensure that quality assurance mechanisms are in place to monitor, review and evaluate arrangements for the protection of our students
- Support students who make disclosures about safeguarding issues
- Provide training, support and guidance to staff, share good practice and support strategic development
- Analyse student outcomes, from a safeguarding perspective, and lead on improvement strategies
- Follow up any safeguarding related issues, ensuring they dealt with effectively including appropriate referrals to CQC, safeguarding boards, local authorities, social services and the police
- Actively work and liaise with parents, carers and other professional agencies
The ideal Safeguarding Officer:
- Educated to a minimum of Level 4 (possibly in Social Work or similar)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight schedules in highly pressurised situations
- Knowledge of referral schemes to external agencies
- Knowledge of CQC
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, flexible working arrangements and continual professional development.
CLOSING DATE: 1st December 2016
View the original job article on Hiredonline