Responsible Welding Co-ordinator
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Responsible Welding Co-ordinator who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Darwen. They are offering the successful Responsible Welding Co-ordinator a competitive salary of £26,000 - £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Responsible Welding Co-ordinator:
As Responsible Welding Co-ordinator you will be responsible for controlling the quality of welding in their fabrication departments. Sustaining and improving the quality of welding across the facility including:
- Control of their existing Welding Procedure and welder qualification.
- Organizing new Welding Procedures and welder qualifications.
- Advising Estimating and Engineering department to ensure we have welding procedures and welders qualified to cover the requirements to customer drawings and specifications.
- Advising Estimating and Engineering department on the NDE requirements to customer drawings and specifications.
- Communicate with all other welding coordinators in the group to avoid duplication of tasks
- Shop floor audits to ensure the quality of the welding and the quality system is being maintained in respect of welding
- Produce Weld Maps when required.
- Ensure all Welding equipment is being maintained and calibrated.
- To be part of the Monthly Welding Review to ensure Continuous welding improvements
- Management of welding non-conformances in their fabrication departments.
- Customer and colleague interaction- team work
- Non-compliance resolution
- Maintaining Quality Documents
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Responsible Welding Co-ordinator:
- A Time Served Engineer ideally with welding Inspection qualifications/experience.
- A good knowledge of CE 1090 requirements.
- Highly motivated team player with a total understanding of right first time quality.
- Organised and efficient you will be able to prioritise workloads to ensure the production targets and customer delivery dates are achieved.
Responsible Welding Co-ordinator hours of work: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service award
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Responsible Welding Co-ordinator please click ‘Apply’ now!
Apply for Responsible Welding Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly