Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Contract Engineer who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Contract Engineer a competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Contract Engineer :
You will be responsible for the planning, nesting and expedition of contracts; focussing on Laser Cutting, Press Braking and Fabrication of mid steel and stainless steel materials.
Your duties will include:-
- Reviewing customers’ order requirements against quotation and producing bill of materials from detailed engineering drawings
- Creating 2D DXF cutting files and programming/nesting for Laser and Plasma Cutting machines
- Generating and issuing route cards and manufacturing drawings to both production and scheduling
- Liaising with internal departments and customers to resolve queries and expedite progress
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Contract Engineer:
- Previous experience within a similar role, ideally within Laser cutting, Thermal/Waterjet cutting, Press Braking or Fabrication and welding processes
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
- Strong working knowledge of SigmaNest or similar nesting package is essential
- Knowledge of SigmaMRP or similar is advantageous although full training will be provided.
- Fully computer literate and fully proficient in Microsoft Office
Contract Engineer hours of work:
Monday – Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday – 8:00am – 4:00pm. 41.5hrs per week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Computershare Voucher scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Contract Engineer please click ‘Apply’ now!