Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Contract Engineer who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Contract Engineer a competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Contract Engineer :
You will be responsible for the planning, nesting and expedition of contracts; focussing on Laser Cutting, Press Braking and Fabrication of mid steel and stainless steel materials.
Your duties will include:-
- Reviewing customers’ order requirements against quotation and producing bill of materials from detailed engineering drawings
- Creating 2D DXF cutting files and programming/nesting for Laser and Plasma Cutting machines
- Generating and issuing route cards and manufacturing drawings to both production and scheduling
- Liaising with internal departments and customers to resolve queries and expedite progress
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Contract Engineer:
- Previous experience within a similar role, ideally within Laser cutting, Thermal/Waterjet cutting, Press Braking or Fabrication and welding processes
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
- Strong working knowledge of SigmaNest or similar nesting package is essential
- Knowledge of SigmaMRP or similar is advantageous although full training will be provided.
- Fully computer literate and fully proficient in Microsoft Office
Contract Engineer hours of work:
Monday – Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday – 8:00am – 4:00pm. 41.5hrs per week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Computershare Voucher scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Contract Engineer please click ‘Apply’ now!
Apply for Contract Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly