We are a bank focused on driving market leading customer service we can be proud of. We do this by putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, serving the communities in which we operate with the level of professionalism and friendliness that they expect and deserve We are currently part of the RBS Group trading under the Royal Bank of Scotland brand in England and Wales and the NatWest brand in Scotland. Internally, we refer to ourselves as "Future Williams & Glyn Team."
We have an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and friendly team in our branch in Bedford as a Customer Adviser. This is full time permanent opportunity for customer focused individual who is looking for a long term career in a banking industry. The role also offers an excellent reward package, including competitive salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Customers will come into our branches for many different reasons; some knowing exactly what they need and others seeking advice. In this role it will be your job to help them navigate all of the possibilities, in a simple, understandable and professional manner. That may mean you answering a straightforward question, or referring the customer onto a specialist colleague for more complex issues. If they walk out of the branch with all their questions answered and with a smile on their face, you'll have done your job.
- Previous Banking and Sales experience advantageous
- Understanding customers' needs and identifying their requirements, using open questioning techniques or similar methods
- Having confidence to discuss customer accounts and issues both in a face to face capacity and over the phone
- Ideally a track record of telesales or sales experience
- Ability to book appointments over the phone and promote the Banks products
- Display skills required to train and communicate confidently to other team members on how to make appointments via the telephone and face to face
- Working to team goals and objectives
- Proactive and confident in calling customers with account queries or new products
- Interviewing customers face to face and over the telephone and recommend products
- Ability to make recommendations based on the customers' needs and accounts
- Having confidence to discuss customer issues and make recommendations to ensure issue is resolved
- Ensuring compliance is adhered too
- Promoting the business where possible
- Ability to promote customer advocacy, building new and deepening existing relationships to assist with their financial requirements
- Team work - display a 'One Team' approach to working in teams within and across the business area
- Professional approach to daily work activities, maintaining high standards of personal conduct and appearance
- Product knowledge
- Technology skills e.g. basic PC skills (Word, Excel), ability to use ATMs and Digital Banking
What you'll get in return
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.