Crisis Project Lead - Mental Health Charity
This mental health charity is recruiting for a Project Lead to deliver the new Hertfordshire Crisis service with main base at Ware.
Crisis Project Lead
Location: Ware, Hertfordshire with travel to other sites
£21,720 including outer London weighting
37.5 hours per week
Purpose of post:
- Working in partnership with Turning Point to deliver the Crisis Service.
- To work as a key member of the team in delivering the Hertfordshire Out of Hours Crisis Service.
- To lead and develop a small team of staff within one of the 4 Hertfordshire Out of Hours Crisis Hubs to deliver high quality person centred services as directed by the Operations Manager in line with Business Plan.
- To ensure Turning Point’s vision and values are embedded in the team.
- To ensure all statutory requirements of the service specification are met.
The service will provide a sanctuary and safe haven for service users who are experiencing a crisis. The service will create a warm, welcoming and homely environment which is somewhere for service users to relax and feel safe, where they can use the facilities and know that skilled and experienced staff are on hand to listen to them and offer support and advice if needed.
The service will offer a range of support to promote recovery and independence including:
- 1:1 or group support to work through the crisis, identifying causes, positive solutions and building coping strategies
- Practical coaching strategies to help service users cope with things such as anxiety, stress, panic attacks, voices, confusion, paranoia, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, abuse, depression, worrying thoughts and mood swings
- Advice, information and support to access help with finances, benefits and housing to improve the individual’s ability to live independently
- Effective onward referral and signposting to services that will meet their needs and reduce the likelihood of future crises
- A helpline to support service users who are experiencing mental health crisis
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016.
Interview date: TBC
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
An approved enhanced DBS check is required for this post
No agencies please.