Profit Centre Manager
A General Manager/MD role this will be your own profit centre with financial support of an International Organisation, it is completely decentralised – key business functions are supported by a team of experienced personnel from the Service centre rather than a Head Office approach.
The ideal candidate will be a Sales leader – exposure to distribution type company with added value in house operations beneficial and they are very much a sales orientated business.
This role would be ideal for someone who started their career as a trained engineer and then moved into sales management within engineering/distribution industry
Equally those working in markets delivering technical competence to achieve value differentiation, a sales leader who now wishes to manage a multifunctional activity delivering results and rewards for themselves and the team.
Their USP is their people and resources, they want a locally based person who can take total responsibility, someone who is able to identify opportunities in the territory, direct the business, match the customers to your service offer/staff capabilities, benchmark competitors and deliver long term profitable results.
Very much a sales focused role, this is the life blood of the business so must be a good sales manager but also understand all the other processes and how they all slot together so distribution, logistics, personnel etc.
The role involves complete involvement in all aspects of running the profit centre from warehousing and health & safety to fleet management and general operational improvement which includes capital investment etc to allow for continued growth in all market sectors through offering a first class service to customers both new and existing.
The existing team are knowledgeable and loyal with all key elements led by senior team members forming a management support team. Using your findings you will improve the levels of customer service and keep good lines of communication throughout the business, improving skills and embedding new learnings, people skills and motivation of people will ensure your success.
Involvement in all key account development and new business is an essential part of this role working with suppliers to achieve mutual sales goals.
You will be responsible for the systems within the business and making sure the centre follows the company standard operating procedures and external legislation and looking after strategic supply partners, ensuring a good relationships with all of these, negotiating local rebates and individual customer deals and price supports.
Other responsibilities include the preparation of the annual forecasts which you will deliver directly to the shareholders and maintaining your own 3 year plan allocating the tasks/targets thus empowering your team
Key Experience and skills
1) Operational experience of managing sales and distribution business wishing to become the leader rather than team member
2) Strategic management - Planning for short medium and long term goals.
3) Sales management of external and internal sales staff - planning and executing targets to achieve end goal.
4) P&L exposure to understand the companies SOO & GLD reporting system and maximise long term profit share
5) Knowledge of inventory control including write downs and investment.
6) Identifying and implementation of sales and marketing strategy.
7) Good negotiating skills for communication at all levels.
8) Identifying and developing staff training requirements.
9) Be the best sales person in the business.
11) HR and Recruitment
12) Engineering market knowledge is an advantage.
13) Good IT knowledge Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience of creating CRM systems
Competitive Salary plus profit share and car allowance