Business Studies Teacher
Do you have a passion for helping young people develop the skills they need to succeed in the everyday world or even excel in thriving UK creative industries? Are you a proficient business studies teacher looking to join a highly professional, dedicated and supportive team? If so we would like to hear from you. We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and creative business studies teacher to join a committed and hard-working department in a school in Rochdale.
The role will be to start in January 2017 on an ongoing basis, ideally until the end of the academic year, full time.
- Plan, prepare and delivery of business studies curriculum
- Improve quality of teaching across KS3/KS4
- Ensure that work is appropriately differentiated to meet individual student need
- Keep up to date with developments within the subject and curriculum area and within education
- To assess, record and report on the attendance progress, development and achievement of students and keep such records as are required
- Ensure a high quality learning experience for students
- Provide engaging and interactive lessons
- Ensure targets are met and exceeded
- Driving high performance within the classroom
- Motivate and continuously challenge students
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Degree or equivalent in Business Studies
- An ability to teach Key Stage 3 & Key Stage 4
- Programming experience
- Knowledge of the current Business Studies curriculum
- Enthusiasm for teaching
- Work calmly under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate excellent classroom skills
- Motivate, inspire and support students
- Exemplary behaviour management and the resilience to overcome barriers to learning
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks.
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality level of education to students and interested in joining a strong team of specialist staff, apply today.
Apply for Business Studies Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly