Product Sales Person
We have a new exciting opportunity, don’t miss out! At Brown Brothers we are currently looking for a Product Sales Person to join our successful team. This is a field based role covering Birmingham and the East Midlands, Nottingham, Leicester and Lincoln area. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary plus a company car and healthcare package.
Brown Brothers Distribution is the leading national distributor to the UK refinish industry. We have 12 branches across the UK supplying a complete range of refinish products including its own brand ancillary offer BODYLINE. This is complemented by an array of technical, training and reporting solutions allowing bodyshops to take complete control of their business.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of PPG; the leading global supplier of automotive coatings, Brown Brothers operates on the edge of innovative technologies and solutions.
“With over 125 years of experience, building relationships and delivering a high level of service is what we believe in….We are the UK’s leading Paint and Dry Goods Distribution Solution”
About the Product Sales Person role
To achieve the sales Plan for their relevant Brown Brothers branches through selling products and services, working with the Business Managers, Operations Managers, Branch Supervisors and Regional Sales Managers to achieve the PPG Refinish Plan.
Key Responsibilities of our Product Sales Person
- To ensure the achievement of branch sales targets through effective customer penetration targets for self and branches.
- Achievement of all company sales promotions targets
- Promote and achieve new product launch targets as required.
- To ensure full implementation of the sales management process i.e. 6 part sales presentation format
- To regularly manage and update the journey plan via Prophet and written copy.
- Effectively manage the call cycle to optimise customer visits/service needs and ensuring the best use of time
- Use all appropriate sales aids to maximise the sales penetration in all calls
- To agree objectives, priorities and standards with the Business Manager
- Review performance via regular monthly business meetings with the Branch Supervisors
- Attend monthly regional sales meetings either North or South
- Work with Regional Sales Managers to drive sales and harmonise Distribution strategy.
- To complete and return relevant paperwork and returns as required by the Business Manager.
- To have regular and targeted workouts with all appropriate suppliers and PPG colleagues to assist in the development of new and existing business.
- To assist in the collection of monies to ensure that debtors are maintained at the Company level required.
- To conduct stock takes at Major Account customers as required for the territory or as directed.
- To ensure that all Company procedures and policies are adhered to, Company vehicle is maintained to handbook requirements, kept properly secure at all times, and that all current commercial, health and safety and employment legislation is adhered to.
- Adopt and practice PPG’s Code of Ethics
- To carry out any reasonable request as directed by the Business Manager or Operations Manager during the course of your duties
What we’re looking for in our Product Sales Person
- Accurate numerical reasoning, with good understanding of numeric models.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, written and verbal.
- Good negotiation skills
- Computer user for Microsoft Office and similar products.
- Proven sales track record, preferably in the refinish industry.
- Self motivated
- Full clean driving licence.
If you would like to join our team as our new Product Sales Person then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!