Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £25,000 Plus 15% Shift Allowance
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
We work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK brokers. Our broking technology processes transactions worth over £5 billion gross written premium and our teams are responsible for developing and delivering some of the most cutting edge software in the insurance market. By helping our customers to define their requirements, SSP map the journey and build the solution.
We are looking for talented Support Associates to join our Solihull office to work within the 24/7 incident management team.
As a Support Associate in our 24/7 incident management team, you will provide both proactive and reactive services to our global customers through 1st line support. From gathering the relevant information from calls and emails, you will complete the initial triage of the query and complete priority assessment through to working closely with our customers to see if you can reproduce the issue, resolve it or escalate it to the next level of technical support within the team. Part of this role will be major incident management, working closely with our various internal technical teams through to communicating regular updates to our senior leadership team, ensuring swift and effective resolution of any incident. This role is all about 1st line application support, not network, infrastructure or desktop support, therefore it is essential that you have experience in application support.
Our roles work on a shift basis of 7am – 7pm and 7pm – 7am, 4 days on, 4 days off and 4 nights on, 4 nights off. SSP is open to our customers 362 days of the year so you will be paid a shift allowance of 15%.
What experience we look for from you:
- Must have strong 1st line application support experience
- Experience of providing excellent customer support within a technical environment
- Experience of working in an ITIL framework Service Desk environment with knowledge of ITIL v3 – Incidents, Service Requests, Events, Change and Problem Management Processes
- Working and troubleshooting knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Scripting, Java, database backups/restoration, transaction logs and indexing
- Insurance background experience would be desirable
- Experience using Service Desk Management Tools
- Familiarity with SQL/DB2 databases and Virtual Machines, Disk quotas, Windows Event logs and Database Transaction Logs
- Knowledge of one or more areas/sub-systems of an application, its technical development environment and the database structure would be advantageous
- A working knowledge of Windows OS, VMWare, Citrix, LAN and Webserver
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. We have a strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software – and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do. The Support Associate plays a crucial role in delivering our vision and values through you, your team and the business.
We reserve the right to withdraw a vacancy prior to the closing date.
To apply for the role of Support Associate, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Support Associate, 1st Line Support Technician, Application Support Analyst, Application Support Technician, Helpdesk Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, Service Desk Analyst, IT Support.