Retail Operations Manager
Home Based - South West
As Retail Operations Manager you will use your charity retail skills to coach and develop Area Managers to support volunteer shops and build capacity where there is commercial potential. Your aim is to build a team that raises as much money and awareness as possible for Save the Children's work.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department exists to inspire millions of people - from individuals to large corporate organisations - to support our quest for change. Together, we save children's lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
You will focus on exceptional team building through coaching and distance management techniques; whilst at the same time contributing to and supporting an enabling environment for volunteers. You will lead from the front through embodying our competencies of Leading and Inspiring Others, Delivering Results and Applying Technical and Processional Expertise. Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating ambition by leading and driving the growth of retail through sharing of best practice and pushing the boundaries
- Setting and meeting challenging income targets, managing expenditure and continually growing net contribution
- Supporting and articulating Save the Children's cause
- Building internal relationships with the wider retail team plus finance, fundraising (legacies and corporate)
- Represent the organisation at senior level with internal stakeholders and external partners.
To be successful as Retail Operations Manager you will have substantial proven ability to inspire a wide range of people. You must have charity retail experience at a senior level and have the ability to manage a regionally dispersed team. You will demonstrate knowledge and experience of volunteer management and able to demonstrate tenacity and resilience. In addition you will:
- Have strong management and interpersonal skills
- Have outstanding leadership skills with proven ability in building high performing teams
- Be commercially astute and have a solid working knowledge of charity retail and success factors
- Demonstrate the ability to recruit, motivate and support volunteer leaders through building relationships
- Substantial experience of developing and delivering on income and expenditure budgets at a comparable level
- Possess a full driving licence.
This role will require frequent travel across the UK, some overnight stays and is also based on working 35 hours a week on a flexible basis, with a willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary. Due to its nature, some unsocial hours and considerable travel are inevitable.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 4th December 2016