Part -time Registered Nurse (Nights)
4 days left
- Part Time
We are a small five star rated nursing home situated in Birkdale, Southport close to the village centre, station and bus routes.
We require a Registered Nurse to join our friendly nursing team. The position available is for 12 hours (8am-8pm) Friday night duty and 12 hours Saturday night duty every other week, (36 hours over two weeks) plus 'bank' work. It is essential that the applicant is flexible.
An enhanced disclosure is required for this position, the cost of which is met by the applicant.
A workplace Pension is available.
To promote and restore patients' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care in a nursing home setting; working alongside colleagues and collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professionals; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
- Identifying patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Producing individual Care Plans
- Administering medication
- Maintaining nursing guidelines by adhering to policies and procedures of the nursing home.
- Assisting residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual) and always respecting the service users and their wishes.
- Provides quality of care by applying professional competence to the implementation of local policies and procedures; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by adhering to policies and procedures of the nursing home; calling for assistance from other health care professionals.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by completing and auditing patient records.
- Ensures operation of medical equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by anticipating needed supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Registered Nursing Qualification,
- Valid Pin
- Effective Communicator
- Safe and effective worker who pays close attention to detail.
- Experience working in a nursing home setting and working with the elderly preferred
For further information, please call 01704 566386 and ask to speak to Matron Cathy Tuppen
Apply for Part -time Registered Nurse (Nights)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly