3 days left
- Full Time
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior IT Technician to join our team in Widnes.
Job Title: Senior IT Technician
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:30
Salary: £23,500 + benefits (including company pension scheme and uniform)
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio
Senior IT Technician - What’s the role?
- Responsible for the provision of technical support, covering Incident management for hardware, software, LAN, WAN, data lines and telecoms.
- Performing IT support utilising the group IT service desk system to resolve incidents within the agreed SLA/KPI.
- Liaising with end users, technicians and third parties to resolve issues, keeping them informed of progress.
- To maximise the availability of the company’s IT equipment and services and ensure that operational needs of the business are met.
- To support and mentor the first line support team.
- To provide project support as and when required.
- To ensure all IT related documentation is kept up to date in line with key IT process and procedure
Senior IT Technician - What will I be responsible for?
- Second Line support with cover for first line when required
- To ensure the company’s IT equipment and services are operating effectively
- Effective use of the IT Service Desk to manage incident, problem and change requests through to resolution within agreed SLA/KPI
- Server support
- Backup management
- Communication with end users (customers) both internal and external
- Communication with wider IT Team
- Project support
- To be the primary source of support to all sites within your geographical boundary when attending site visits
- To ensure that all escalated incidents or problems have been documented accordingly prior to escalation
- Ensure relevant checks are carried out to keep systems and services operating within agreed parameters
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date to reflect current practices and operating environment
- Configuration of PCs to standard build specification
- Fault reporting to third party suppliers
- Support of telephony estate - including supplier liaison, switchboard setup and fault reporting
- Active Directory administration
- Support of company and third party software
- Support of hardware estate – including supplier liaison, setup and fault reporting
-Out of hours support rota where required
For Stobart employees: If you are short-listed for an interview, you must inform your line manager in advance
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior IT Technician opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
This Senior IT Technician role may be relevant if you have previous experience as a 1st Line Support, IT Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support Technician, IT Engineer, ICT Officer, Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Technician, Field Technician.
Apply for IT Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly