Goods In/Goods Out Operative
4 days left
- Full Time
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Surface Technology we are currently looking for a Goods In/Goods Out Operative to come and join our successful team based in Leeds. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive rate of £8.00 per hour plus 20 days holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Surface Technology is the leading specialist supplier of high performance surface treatments. Our coatings protect, enhance and optimise the performance of critical components and equipment used in a wide range of industrial applications.
As part of Norman Hay plc, which has a well-established international reputation, Surface Technology’s activity is worldwide, so our recruitment policy embraces career opportunities across the globe. Our firm belief, in all cases, is not only to recruit the best people but also to provide continuous opportunities for skills improvement and career development.
About the Goods In/Goods Out Operative role
Reporting to the Production manager, your primary role is to ensure that goods are dispatched loaded and unloaded in a timely manner, while adhering to Health and Safety legislation.
Key Responsibilities of our Goods In/Goods Out Operative
- To ensure that paperwork for deliveries in and out of the site is accurate and matches material and goods
- To check goods in against delivery notes for accuracy and damages
- Notify the relevant Department via the Delivery Note of any anomalies
- Load and unload trucks and vans in line with H&S procedures
- To ensure that the correct Forklift Truck is used when loading and unloading material and goods
- To safely move goods and material to the appropriate storage area
- To check quantity is correct, and identify any damaged goods or materials
- If goods or material is damaged, take photographic evidence and pass to Line Manager immediate
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly and in full, and signed by appropriate personnel
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
- Any other reasonable duties
What we’re looking for in our Goods In/Goods Out Operative
- A current Forklift Truck driving licence is essential
- An awareness of Health and Safety regulations is required
- Previous training in safe handling would be an advantage
- Attention to detail, and ability to identify damage on goods or material
- Computer Literate
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel packages is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure
In return as our Goods In/Goods Out Operative, we can offer you…
Surface Technology offers a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package designed to help meet a wide variety of today’s individual needs.
So what are you waiting for? If you would like to join us as our new Goods In/Goods Out Operative then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Goods In/Goods Out Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly