Are you looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a HWRC Operative to join our Recycling Facility in Crawley. Working 37.5hrs per week (4 on 2 off).
What will I be responsible for?
As our HWRC Operative you will be responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient and profitable operation of the site. This crucial role provides assistance to the general public to ensure waste is sorted and segregated correctly to keep recycling and recovery rates at optimum levels.
HWRC Operative key responsibilities:
- Assisting in the day to day operations of the respective sites in accordance with site licence and contractual conditions
- Segregation of waste into appropriate streams to maximise recycling rates, assisting members of the public and other site users to deposit and segregate their waste.
- Directing traffic to provide safe and efficient use of the centre
- Educating site users in the safe and effective use of the civic amenity site.
- Performing basic maintenance and housekeeping duties to site equipment and facilities.
- Controlling site traffic and assisting site users (as required) to ensure safe and efficient site use.
The ideal HWRC Operative:
- General knowledge of waste recycling.
- Customer service skills – ability and willingness to assist members of the public and other site users
- A CITB licence or equivalent licence 360 Excavator highly desirable
- CSCS or SHEA or certificate showing formal training in Health and Safety
- A Full Driving Licence is essential to the role
In return for your hard work, you can expect to receive a salary of Up to £15,500 per annum plus a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a HWRC Operative then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date – 5th December 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.