Senior Support Worker
Senior Carer Support Worker- Residential Care Home - Permanent
You should be an experienced Carer or Senior looking for a new position caring for adults with mental health issues
Job Role: To support the Manager in the overall management of the home.
Assume responsibilities of the Manager in his/her absence. To create an environment which respects the rights and wishes of the residents and to encourage person centred care and maximises independence.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for "normal" health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients' needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents participation in the planning and reviewing of care.
- To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service user
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
- Report to Manager any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
- To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
As a Senior Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
- SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Previous experience of as a senior in a Residential Care or Nursing Home or other care setting.
- A Passion for Care.
- Experience of Mental Health Issues
- Experience of Medication Administration