Excellent opportunity for a CAD Designer to join a well-established and successful company based in Wickford!
With over 40 years’ experience the company designs, manufacture and install all types of handrails and staircases, including quality hardwood stairs, geometrical stairs, wreathed and curved handrails.
Due to exceptional growth, they are now looking for a high functioning individual to join a small fast paced working team to help with the design and possibly other business functions.
- Designing projects using 3D CAD software (Solid Edge or Sold Words)
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Liaising internally as well as with external clients
- Assisting management team with other functions in the business when required
Applicants may range in experience from recent engineering graduates with CAD training and high grades, experienced engineers with creative design attributes, stair designers with experience in 3D CAD, practical skills and in particular experience with joinery is also desirable.
- Proficient in the Use of 3D CAD (Solid Edge)
- Solid Works experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Highly technical, creative and rounded thinker able to learn quickly solve complex design problems, create attractive designs, and look for mistakes and improvement opportunities.
- Able to work in Wickford, Essex, travel (own car) for site surveys
- Experienced with Solid Edge
- Experience with Staircase Design
- Mechanical Engineering and or Design background
- Commercial skills including client interface
- Basic marketing skills
- Flexible working hours
- Stair software / CNC operating / programming experience
If you feel you have the relevant experience to fulfil this role then please apply now!