Independent Reviewing Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for Independent Reviewing Officers to join our team within your local community in Suffolk. We have 4 posts available for the position at four different locations and a mixture of full time, part time, permanent and temporary contracts. The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary of £35,848 - £46,998 pro rata.
About the Independent Reviewing Officer role
As the service takes its next steps towards an 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating, you will be responsible for the effective delivery of safeguarding services for children in care and those subject to child protection plans throughout the county.
As part of the Independent Reviewing Officer role you will continue to work with and embed the Suffolk signs of safety and wellbeing practice framework. The framework is having a positive impact on practice development, effective engagement with families, staff morale and motivation across the service.
Our council is led by an enthusiastic and capable team of leaders and managers, who are committed to working together, striving to improve and provide the best possible services. If you can join us with the same commitment, then we welcome you to Suffolk, which is a great place to work because of this.
What we’re looking for in our Independent Reviewing Officer
- need a recognised social work qualification and experience at a management level
- provide a strategic lead and work closely with operational management
- provide knowledge of current research and legislation
- be skilled at including the views of children and families in their planning
- be providing reports and analysis to directorate management on safeguarding issues
- have considerable experience of children in care and child protection
- demonstrate effective multi-agency working
- provide scrutiny of care and child protection plans
- be responsible for achieving compliance against standards / operational requirements.
The job comes with excellent induction and Suffolk prides itself on our partnership working.
The job requires travel, so you must be willing and able to travel across Suffolk.
Independent Reviewing Officer – Available Posts
Post 1: Lowestoft - 37 hpw, fixed term / secondment (18 months)
Post 2: Lowestoft - 18.5 hpw, permanent
Post 3: Bury St Edmunds - 37 hpw, permanent
Post 4: Ipswich - 37 hpw, fixed term / secondment (18 months)
Please state which post you are applying for in your application form.
So if you would like to join our team as our new Independent Reviewing Officer then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 1pm, 23 November 2016
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.