Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Academy @ Worden
2 days left
- Full Time
Under direction, to provide specific care for designated pupils both in the classroom, around school and on school trips. To provide support for the classroom teacher by providing basic supervision and care of pupils including those with special needs and in the preparation of resources and classroom organisation.
To work collaboratively with the teacher in meeting the personal, social and curriculum related needs of pupils, including those with special needs and/or bilingual needs.
• To withdraw small groups of students for targeted work in support of a member of teaching staff.
• To work collaboratively with the teacher in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of the effectiveness of the curriculum for pupil(s) and to differentiate curriculum content according to the needs of pupil(s).
• To plan and implement specific programmes with individual pupils or groups appropriate to the developmental needs of individual children throughout different curriculum areas.
• To be fully involved in the planning and development of independent social and interpersonal skills and to undertake activities to support the personal, social and emotional needs of pupil(s).
• To assist in the devising of pupil’s individual targets and their monitoring and review.
• To support pupils as part of a planned inclusion programme.
• To develop positive relationships with pupils and staff to assist pupil progress and attainment.
• To monitor and record pupil progress on a regular basis and to prepare reports as required.
• To assist in the specific medical/care needs of pupils when specific training has been undertaken.
Support for the Teacher
• To monitor individual pupil’s progress and to report on pupils needs’, achievements and concerns.
• To assist in pupil supervision and the management of pupil behaviour.
• To undertake classroom administrative tasks including the maintenance of records.
• To provide ideas, resources and learning strategies for lessons.
• To liaise with parents, carers and outside agencies, where appropriate.
• Undertake marking of pupils work and recording of achievement.
• Administer tests and assist in the invigilation of exams.
• Assist in the supervision of children on trips/visits.
Support for the School
• To assist in providing a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment for learning.
• To support the promotion of positive relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies.
• To work within school policies and procedures.
• To attend staff training/meetings as appropriate.
• To take care of their own and other people’s health and safety.
• To be aware of the confidential nature of issues related to home/pupil/teacher/school work.
• To undertake break and lunchtime duties, including those which require student supervision or classroom activities, and to undertake a rota of HEAT and Isolation duties.
Support for the Curriculum
• To assist in the delivery of appropriate programmes of work.
• Ability to relate well to children and desire to see them achieve their potential
• Ability to be sensitive to the approach and handling of children with a physical disability
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Good time management skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Knowledge of the concept of confidentiality
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to make effective use of ICT
• Flexible attitude to work
• Good communication skills
• High Standards of personal presentation
GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths
• Hard working
• Good/appropriate sense of humour
Progression on to level 3
Apply for Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Academy @ Worden
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly