Financial Reporting Manager / Finance Controller / Analyst
Job Title: Financial Reporting & Control Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract - 9-12 months
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
The company is the largest water-only supplier in the UK and they are committed to delivering a high quality water service to all their customers.
There are many things that make them different as a company. It starts with their dedication and focus on supplying high quality drinking water, their empathy with customers and commitment to always being effective, efficient and safe, and it's a driving force that shapes their attitude and approach.
They are looking for a Financial Reporting & Control Manager to ensure the business is provided with support in every aspect of financial reporting and financial control.
Overall Job Purpose
The Financial Reporting & Control Manager is the internal contact for the business on matters of financial reporting, leading the financial reporting and control planning process.
The Financial Reporting & Control Manager must be confident, at all times, with the financial numbers being presented, whether budgets, forecasts or actuals, ensuring they are compliant with the relevant GAAP. Detailed knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Corporate Reporting requirements is also required.
- Ensure the company maintains appropriate financial records, and ensure the quality of all internal and external financial reporting, including accuracy, efficiency and timelines.
- Ensure variances on income, costs, cash flow and the capital programme are fully understood and correctly reflect business activity.
- Ensure co-ordination with the regulatory and strategy team and ensure effective support in the regulatory analysis and financial accounts planning. Ensure effective liaison with the taxation function and contribute to tax planning.
- Effectively manage relationships with relevant third party advisers (primarily auditors) and other interested third parties.
- Act as point of contact for the business on matters of financial reporting and control.
Skills and Experience
- A qualified finance professional with post qualification experience.
- Adaptable to changing work environment and able to consistently apply expert knowledge and experience in a logical and relevant way.
- Technical accounting, compliance including GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (or similar), preparation of management, statutory and regulatory accounts, and auditor relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills, with confidence to challenge and influence to always achieve best outcomes and support change.
- Proven experience coping with deadlines, able to use initiative and will draw from a variety of sources of information in order to make sensible decisions.
- Ability to lead a team successfully.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Management Accountant, Group Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Reporting Manager, Finance Director, Financial Analyst, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IFRS, Financial Planning Analyst will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Financial Reporting Manager / Finance Controller / Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly