Corvus is a growing, independent security company specialising in the provision of Facilities Management, Event Security, Stewarding, Crowd Management and Traffic Management services and solutions.
Based in North Wales and Merseyside, and active throughout the UK, Corvus holds SIA Approved Contractor Status, ISO9001 and ISO14001, Safe Contractor, Constructionlineand IOSH accreditations. Corvus is also a Highfield and Maybo Approved Training Centre.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To manage the day-to-day effectiveness of the company’s operations and assist the Managing Director in maintaining the efficient and safe operations of the company, by ensuring Health & Safety compliance and meeting all operational standards. The Operations Manager is expected to deputise for the Managing Director in their absence.
▪ Managing dynamic staff rotas.
▪ Ensure and oversee the smooth running of all contracts across a range of clients and sites.
▪ Establish effective communication with our team, contractors, customers and clients.
▪ Ensure that communication is maintained at all times with key regional management on Company performance, business matters and Health & Safety compliance issues.
▪ Work closely with the Managing Director, Company Administrator and all contractors ensuring a One Team Ethos through coaching, motivation and training, thus producing an efficient and cost effective team.
▪ Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure all organised exhibitions are managed effectively and meet operational standards set.
▪ Offer a flexible approach and a willingness to undertake whatever is required of the management team to ensure the company performs at its optimum level and delivers client satisfaction and maximise the effectiveness of the company.
▪ Assist the Managing Director in monitoring the daily performance of our established teams working at a range of construction sites, event sites, film shoots and retail locations throughout the UK.
▪ Monitor the monthly performance of all Main SSEA change operational contracts on site.
▪ Ensure compliance with Health &Safety and insurance matters, maintaining all required documentation and records in hard copy and in online portal formats.
▪ Monitor and ensure all accidents and complaints are dealt with in a professional manner and reported correctly to company procedures.
▪ Assist the Managing Director in maintaining budgets by carefully monitoring costs, and seeking authorisationfrom the Managing Director for expenditure.
▪ Maintain stock control procedures for key supplies and working with the Managing Director in carrying out periodic reviews of all key services to set KPI targets for ISO, SIA ACS and other accreditations.
▪ In conjunction with the Managing Director ensure the completion of all monthly site tasks, monthly and quarterly H&S and sustainability compliance audits, meeting requirements for ISO 14001 accreditation.
▪ Provide management cover for the Managing Director when required.
▪ To be an ambassador for the company at all times.
▪ Professional qualifications and proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar management / supervisory position.
▪ Excellent knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operational management.
▪ An excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style with a commitment to achieving goals through accountability and delegated responsibility.
▪ Excels and is comfortable operating in a fast pace environment.
▪ Confident in managing rotas for staffing and with the ability to be quick-thinking in reallocating shifts to cope with sickness and last minute client requests.
▪ Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
▪ Excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively operate at all levels of the organisation.
▪ To be persuasive when required utilising details and facts.
▪ Evidence of working with budgets, financial principles, forecasting and metrics.
▪ Leadership, vision, people management and organisational skills demonstrated in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
The following skills are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
▪ IOSH Certificate in managing H&S.
▪ Streetworks Traffic Management Qualification for a working knowledge of TM
An SIA License will be required, training can be offered for this, in order to obtain a licence criminality checks will be undertaken, it is important that any past convictions be disclosed on application.
Appointments are subject to a six month probation period.
Corvus operates a policy of compliance with the law on grounds of non-discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, nationality or disabilities. No smoking is permitted in any offices, buildings or company vehicles.