IT Helpdesk Customer Support Analyst
A well-established Practice Management Software company is seeking an experienced helpdesk support representative to join their busy client support team.
The role is based in Edinburgh and focuses on a combination of software support (supporting the client's suite of software products), and the environment around those products (including Microsoft Windows operating system & Microsoft Office Application software).
This is a great opportunity to join a professional, structured and fast-paced environment where you can develop your technical skills. The support department has different desks, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support staff.
IT Helpdesk Support Analyst - the Role:
* This busy and varied customer support role will see you providing remote support to a wide-range of business clients across the UK
* Working a ticketing system and to SLAs, you will take 'ownership' of the calls, from start to finish, and escalating where necessary to 2nd line support
* Working with your team leader you will also have input into process improvement measures to improve the output of your department
IT Helpdesk Support Analyst - Candidates must have:
* At least 2 years 'customer service' experience (this includes IT support to clients) in a similar customer helpdesk role, providing remote client support - at least 1st
* Must live within easy commute distance from Edinburgh
* Must have a good telephone manner and pleasant tone.
* Demonstrate the ability to understand and build rapport with callers
* The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
* Demonstrate a positive and professional manner with their client base and supporting network contacts.
* A good basic understanding of networking - e.g. supporting network connectivity
* Strong Windows o/s (Windows 7, 8, 10)
* A problem solving mind with strong PC diagnostic skills
* Good Windows Server 2008 and 2012
* Experience of supporting MS Office
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy environment where you can develop your skills and knowledge in a professional niche sector, working alongside an experienced and dedicated team. Full training will be provided for the successful candidate.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary of £18000 - £20000 per year plus 28 days holiday (including public holidays) and a workplace pension.
The role is working Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. To be considered for this role, apply now!