Anglia Writer (Bank)
6 days left
- Part Time
Chichester College have an opportunity for Anglia Writers (Bank) to join the team at our Chichester Campus on a bank contract basis. The successful Anglia Writers (Bank) will receive a salary according to the level of paper commissioned.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
Anglia Examinations is a company owned and managed by Chichester College in West Sussex. The business of AESL is the development, production, sale and delivery overseas of a range of English examinations for non-native speakers of the language.
AESL wish to recruit qualified, experienced ESOL International item writers to be part of the Anglia Examinations writer bank available for commissioning.
As one of our Anglia Writers (Bank), you will write items for Anglia Examination papers in accordance with syllabus requirements and test specifications according to the Writers’ Handbook and instructions given by the Academic Director.
Responsibilities of our Anglia Writers (Bank):
- To deliver the examination papers commissioned to the standard required within the specified deadline.
Skills & Experience required of our Anglia Writers (Bank):
- You must have a level 4 qualification (degree) and a CELTA equivalent qualification. Preference will be given to those with experience writing items for EFL or ESOL International examinations and/or experience of Anglia as well as the CEFR and related level descriptors in an assessment context.
- You must be able to work as part of a team and also independently
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and be diligent and reliable about deadlines. Writers will complete commissions at home but should be available to attend editing meetings on an occasional basis in Chichester or London as required.
- Item writing for examination papers (in particular English as a Foreign Language)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Working with/using Anglia exams
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
There are no guaranteed minimum hours of work for this post.
Closing date: 24 November 2016
Interview date: 12 December 2016
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Anglia Writers (Bank) role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.