Future Quest Widening Participation Officer
Job Title: Future Quest Widening Participation Officer
Salary: £24,000 p.a.
Hours: Full time
Contract type/term: Fixed term February 2017 - 27th July 2018
Summary of the role
South Bristol Youth are seeking four full-time Future Quest Widening Participation Officers to join their small team. The role requires the successful candidate to:
- Organise and deliver South Bristol Youth's ‘Future Quest' widening participation programme in a selected area of Bristol, in partnership with South Bristol Youth schools and external agencies
- Work closely in partnership with participating schools and other members of the ‘Future Quest' team, including the University of the West of England and the University of Bristol
- Organise and deliver a coherent and creative programme of widening participation activities
- Engage and improve student and parent understanding of the higher education process
- Create coherency for schools about the higher education offer in the locality
The successful candidate must have: a university degree, be able to work with young people and schools, have strong organisational and communication skills and be able to work flexibly and from home. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, well regarded and forward thinking organisation.
To obtain an application pack please email by clicking apply.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 2nd December 2016 and interviews are currently planned for 15th and 16th December 2016.
South Bristol Youth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people: an enhanced DBS check and childrens' barred list check will be undertaken prior to confirming the appointment of the successful candidate.
South Bristol Youth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Registered Charity Number: 1151057