Unlocking Potential Mentor
Job Title: Unlocking Potential Mentor
Salary: £24,000 p.a.
Hours: Full time
Contract type/term: Fixed term February 2017 - 27th July 2018
Summary of the role
South Bristol Youth are seeking a full-time Unlocking Potential Mentor to join their small team. The role requires the successful candidate to:
- Deliver the South Bristol Youth (SBY) Unlocking Potential programme in partnership with South Bristol Youth schools and external agencies
- Fulfill the mentor role by providing one to one support to young people and by showing them how to take full advantage of all aspects of the activity streams.
- Create effective relationships with academic, pastoral and support staff in all SBY schools and to ensure the smooth running and coordination of the Unlocking Potential programme.
- Engage the parents of the participants and to work with them to show them how to support their children.
- Collect and organise the information needed to evaluate the programme and contribute to the writing of the interim and final reports.
- To promote the Unlocking Potential programme at local and national conferences.
The successful candidate must have: a Level 3 NVQ accreditation in relevant subject/area and GCSE/O-level grade C in English OR a university degree, be able to work with children and schools, have strong organisational and communication skills and be able to work flexibly and from home.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, well regarded and forward thinking organisation.
To obtain an application pack please email by clicking apply.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 2nd December 2016 and interviews are currently planned for 15th and 16th December 2016.
South Bristol Youth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people: an enhanced DBS check and childrens' barred list check will be undertaken prior to confirming the appointment of the successful candidate.
South Bristol Youth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Registered Charity Number: 1151057