Mid Weight Designer
Position Title: Mid-weight Designer (MWD)
Location: FRUKT HQ
Department: Creative Services
The design team sits within the creative services department and together they are responsible for all aspects of design and creative output across the business.
Who we want
We are looking for a highly creative individual who has strong integrated design and art direction experience across a range of media and channels. Someone who can inspire, motivate and manage Junior Designers and Freelancers, whist delivering on their own projects.
At FRUKT, our department is responsible for bringing to life our ideas and creating the final output of all our work, in a beautiful, compelling and interesting way.
We produce a wide range of campaigns including elements of digital, print, events, experiential, film and photography.
At FRUKT we believe that everything we see or do can become entertainment. Something to experience, capture and share. It’s where these things collide that excites us. It’s where they meet up that marketing is at its most successful.
In the olden days, consumers expected to have things presented to them. It was a simple arrangement. Our job – any agency’s job – was to make a snazzy commercial and some eye-catching posters. A generalisation, but the end goal was for consumers to see them and buy into the brand.
Now, though, consumers have changed. Well, we all have. People are much more savvy, much more aware. Not content with passive interaction (and who can blame us?) if we see something, we want to be able to learn about it, play with it, and view it from more than one place.
At FRUKT we see these interactions as opportunities. A chance to add meaning, to create or enhance a relationship. After all, if you want someone to remember you or like you, it’s not enough just to be in the same room as them. You have to be part of the action, strike up a conversation, offer them something of value.
For us, that’s something to hang on to and be proud of. Something worth getting right. It’s also something that everyone in our global network lives and breathes. The last 12 years have taught us that for brands both great and small (and we’ve worked with a lot), entertainment and passion are the best way to reach consumers and turn them into fans.
Why us? Because we’ve got insight, experience and creativity. We’ve turned entertainment into a science – and we have fun doing it. We go beyond ideas and chat – we follow up and act on things. And most of all, we make things happen.
This is an exciting and essential role within FRUKT – from designing and delivering projects, to ensuring our own brand is best represented across all channels. A role that requires the skills to balance maintaining creative integrity with busy schedules.
A broad experience within an integrated agency working on a varied client base, delivering both print and digital solutions would be ideal, as would demonstration of an entrepreneurial and dynamic outlook that compliments their can-do approach to projects.
Design experience should include brand identity and guideline creation, event collateral, magazine and strong layout skills and experience of campaigns across multiple platforms. And the ideal candidate will have well a good eye for detail, be creatively opinionated, work independently and yet always feel part of the team.
- Ensure a high standard of design execution across all client material
- Ensure a high standard of design execution across all FRUKT material
- Create work to clients’ expectations, within time, on brief and budget
- See creative projects through from initial concept to artwork and final production
- Liaise with printers, contractors, production houses and freelancers
The following are essential:
- Significant experience on tobacco and alcohol brands including above and below the line campaigns with an understanding of the markets challenges
- Experience in brand campaign activations, events, branding, digital experience and shopper marketing
- Highly conceptual thinking that reflects the strategy and brand positioning
- Excellent visualisation skills – this includes traditional sketching for event spaces, character design through to vector illustration and Photoshop mock-ups
- Able to work under pressure while still maintaining high-end results
- A very high level of computer literacy within InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote
- A good understanding of corresponding packages, including: Universal Type Client, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Print and production experience, art working skills and retouching knowledge
- Proven ability to adopt a self-motivated, methodical, problem solving approach to work
- Ability to identify needs and subsequently define, document and implement best design practices across the business
- Proven ability to achieve defined goals in a proactive business environment
- Ability to develop strong working and management relationships with staff, contractors and clients at all levels
- Excellent people management, presentation, organisational and time management skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Produced award winning work over the course of their career
- Strong confident personality
To apply please email email@example.com
Apply for Mid Weight Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly