Working Hours: 40 hours per week.
Working Monday to Friday on an alternating shift pattern. 06:00 to 14:00 and 13:55 to 21:55
Weekend overtime is also expected as part of this role
Our client is currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician to join the Electrical Engineering team at their Pontefract Site. You will work as part of a team to provide an electrical maintenance service to all machinery and equipment used for the production and Packaging of sugar confectionery. Installing and commissioning machinery and equipment to the appropriate electrical standards will also be required as part of this role.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide an electrical maintenance service to all machinery and equipment used for the production and Packaging of sugar confectionery. The installation and commissioning of production and packaging machinery to the appropriate electrical standards plus the standards expected within a food environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Installation/Maintenance of machinery/equipment in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, IEE 17 th Edition Electrical Regulations, The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 plus any other specific standard deemed appropriate to task being undertaken.
- To follow set procedures for permit to work, job recording, fire alarm muting, Health & Safety and Hygiene set systems of work.
- To maintain all machinery to the standard expected within a food environment.
- The continuous improvement of all production/packaging machinery.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Breakdown maintenance
- The construction and installation of electrical control panels and systems.
- Cable management installation.
- General wiring.
- Fault diagnostics and repair of existing systems/equipment.
- Programming / diagnostic monitoring of PLC controlled systems.
- Maintaining electrical services throughout the factory and offices.
- Research and development.
- Help and assist other team members when necessary.
- To carry out any other tasks commensurate with this post
Qualifications / Experience:
- Previous installation and commissioning work experience is essential
- Fully completed Apprenticeship is also essential
- Previous Food Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Extensive PLC experience
- Qualified in IEE 17 th Edition Electrical Regulations
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Availability to work overtime / weekends with a flexible approach to work
How to Apply
Please click on apply and submit your full CV. Please be aware you are also required to complete an online application form, this will be emailed to you on receipt of your CV.