Looking to start or continue a career in Care?
We are recruiting for Care Workers to join our team in the Stretford, Old Trafford, Altrincham & Sale areas. We are looking for individuals with a caring and emphatic personality to help us provide excellent standards of care to our clients. If you think that you have the right character and attitude to care for others then please apply now.
In return we will promise you the following;
- £7.70 per hour, inclusive of a 50p fuel allowance (for car drivers)
- Additional enhancement for all bank holidays
- Holidays paid in addition – 5.6 weeks per year!
- Employee Benefit Scheme – Perkbox! Access to discounted shopping, cinema tickets and more!
- £100 Welcome Bonus!
- Refer a Friend Scheme - £50 per referral. Unlimited referrals!
- Free use of company smart mobile phone
- Everyone has the opportunity to undertake their QCF/NVQ level 2 and 3
- Free induction training including completing the Care Certificate.
- Opportunity to shadow experienced home carers after your training
- Employee recognition awards, including our Prestigious Care Awards evening.
- Child Care Vouchers -saving £933* per year (eligibility criteria applies)
- Meaningful work, appreciation and recognition.
- Regular clients in a regular area that's suits you!
- Set regular shifts or flexible working depending on your circumstances
- Support to claim money back incurred through mileage (via tax relief)
- Full support throughout the interview stage, training and into your new role.
- Paid refresher training
- Recognition Badges
- Development opportunities either up the ladder or within the same role
- We review the rate of pay for our care assistants at least annually
SOS Homecare provides high quality care to our clients within their own homes. Our aim is to find people who want to develop their career in care & who want to make a difference to their local community, and who want to be part of a team of care assistants that provide the very best care and support service possible. With no experience required this is the perfect opportunity to start your career in care and further gain any qualifications necessary. We have vacancies for both full time and part time hours which include mornings, evenings & weekends.
For this role we require every employee to undertake some form of weekend working. Driving and having access to your own vehicle is desirable but it is not essential. We do recruit non drivers who are able to travel around the local area also.
As a Home Care Assistant your duties will be to:
- Provide care and support to clients in their own homes in the community.
- Provide personal care for clients, such as bathing, washing, always ensuring that the client’s dignity and privacy is maintained.
- Assist clients with personal grooming, such as dressing, hair or dental care.
- Always encourage clients to be as self-managing as possible so they can maintain their independence.
- Assist with preparation, cooking feeding or serving of meals, to wash up and clear away afterwards.
- Provide general companionship and support.
- Always work within Health and Safety Regulations and S.O.S. Homecare’s policies and procedures.
- Always be aware of professional boundaries between you and the client, never undertake any task, activity or visits not otherwise stated or requested in the care plan.
The company offers a strong training and development programme for all our care assistants and supports all employees who wish to progress within the health and social care industry. They also believe that employees need to feel comfortable and supported at work. They therefore promote a positive working environment and the managers have an open-door policy to help employees feel supported and at ease in raising problems (personal or work-related). They aim to be a flexible as possible and balance the needs of those we support with the needs of those we employ.
We know there’s more to life than work - that’s why when you join SOS Homecare you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks. That includes phone insurance, tastecards, and great price cinema tickets, plus loads more.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 53192724 / INDHP