Experienced HGV Fitter / Garage Manager - Haulage Company
Experienced HGV Fitter / Garage Manager
Heysham, Lancashire (LA3 2XU)
Our client is a very busy haulage company situated in Heysham Lancashire; they are looking for an Experienced HGV Fitter/Manager to join their already busy team.
You will be expected to work on a range of Diesel Vehicles, although 99.9% will be Volvo. You will be working as part of a small team so you will have to be a team player and able to work to deadlines using own initiative. The ideal candidate will have a full HGV Licence but not essential.
Work will include: -
- Maintenance services and inspections according to the manufacturer's specifications and according to the maintenance schedule.
- Keeping precise records.
- Replacement of worn equipment.
- Responsible for repairing and servicing of vehicles booked into the workshop.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults on vehicles and trailers.
- Stripping fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
- Ensuring that all jobs are running smoothly and tight deadlines are met.
- Working under current Health & Safety legislation.
The working hours will be Monday-Friday.
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter today explaining why you feel you should be considered for this post.