Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant
£8:30 - £8.40 Enhancements paid at 10% of the hourly rate for Bank Holiday's, Night's and Sunday hours worked
35 hours per week, on a shift rota basis, including regular weekend.
To ensure regulatory compliance all applicants must be aged 18 years or over.
Our client is a charitable organisation that provides a range of flexible individualised care and support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and older people. If you are passionate about making a difference, enjoy the challenge of a busy working environment and want to be valued for your contribution - then why not join them.
They look to recruit people who both embody and share their values: People that always behave with integrity and that seek to inspire everyone they come in contact with. People that respect diversity and value inclusiveness. People that constantly innovate to meet the needs of those they serve and impact lives in a positive way.
Holmers House is a purpose built care home and has specially designed accommodation for older people living with dementia. It has 48 en-suite rooms, divided between its three self-contained units, each of which has their own living room and dining room. All three units have access to the home’s wheelchair accessible, landscaped gardens. Residents are supported by the staff to live as independently as their health conditions will allow and care is personalised to meet each person’s level of need. Their staff team has built a warm and welcoming environment for residents and have all been trained by the Alzheimer’s Society to support people with varying levels of need.
Senior Care assistant - Job Role
- To support the Manager in all aspects of the running of the service.
- To work as part of the care team to ensure that high standards of care and support are given to suit the individual needs of each person.
- To foster an atmosphere whereby people are encouraged to maintain and further develop their independence as fully as possible.
- To ensure that the highest standard of care and support is maintained in accordance with their policies and procedures, and CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
- To act as the Shift Leader in charge of the service on a shift basis.
Role specific requirements
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or QCF Diploma Level 2
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working in a care setting
- Ability to work within policies and procedures
Supported, planned career development and training. Friendly team and good working environment. Our client operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on large number of retailers on the high street and over the internet. Retailers include Apple, Primark, Sainsbury’s, Superdry, Tesco’s, and Thomas Cook. They also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
Disclosure Level – Enhanced
The Next Step & How to Apply...
To join their team, the next step is to apply online now. As a stable employer, with excellent training and career opportunities, and a fantastic work environment, this will probably be the best move you ever make.
You will need to submit a CV via the apply button below, and then you will be sent via email the direct links to the application process, where you will need to fill in the online application form.
Please note that your CV will not be seen directly by the hiring manager so you will need to complete the application form in full, in order to be considered for this role.