ICT Development Manager
New opportunity not to be missed! Lancaster City Council has a unique opportunity available for an ICT Development Manager to join the team in Lancaster. The role is a full time, permanent position working 37 hours per week, with provision of out of hours support where requested. We are offering the ICT Development Manager a salary of £35,093 - £38,789 per annum.
ICT provide information, communications and technology services and support to the whole organisation as well as LLPG, GIS and street naming and numbering. There is an operations team of 9 posts and a development team of 10½. The development team are involved in all aspects of ICT development from infrastructure through to applications development and procurement, business analysis and account management. Working in this team everyone gets exposure from legacy systems to leading edge.
This post will suit an individual who wants to manage ICT development in its broadest sense. Leading a vibrant team, you will be involved in discussions with the business, technical conversations about networking, storage and the cloud, security projects, applications systems integration, procurement, managing people, influencing policy, and even issues around street naming and numbering which also falls under your remit together with GIS; and that’s just a typical day!
What are the responsibilities of the ICT Development Manager?
- Provide leadership to the Development and Addressing & GIS Teams including promotion of and adherence to council and ICT policies, standards, frameworks and procedures.
- Manage the officers in the Development and Addressing & GIS Teams – performing EDPAs, sickness monitoring etc.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies, recruit and manage contract staff as and when necessary.
- Conduct feasibility studies including analysis of business problems and assessing cost-effectiveness and technical viability of a range of potential solutions.
- Produce a programme of developments of the infrastructure to support the council’s business Lead on the inclusion of ICT within specifications of requirements.
- Develop and test bespoke products to the agreed specification and delivering the required business benefits.
- Carry out software development to set standards utilising a wide range of development and database technologies.
- System orchestration to meet business needs through assembly of web services and modules from the cloud.
- Lead on compliance to various standards including, but not limited to, PSN and PCI DSS lead on keeping up to date on cyber security and promoting good security practice across the organisation.
- Plan for meeting security requirements such as penetration testing and remote access Advise the business on the implementation of security policies.
- Providing advice and consultancy on ICT issues including preparing business cases, business requirements specification and business process reengineering.
- Provide 3rd line support assistance on all aspects of ICT.
- Determining the priorities in relation to Street Naming and Numbering to ensure that the allocation of street names and numbers to new and existing developments is carried out, whilst adhering to all relevant standards and liaising with Royal Mail and other statutory services.
What skills do I need to have to become an ICT Development Manager?
- A degree in a relevant subject area e.g. IT / Computer Science or demonstrable equivalent experience in a complex IT environment
- ITIL Qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Project Management Qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Experience of successful leadership, working as a team leader or above on complex projects and programmes
- A strong desire to work to industry standards including but not limited to ITIL, Prince2, Agile, PSN, PCI DSS, ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Knowledge of security standards including PSN and PCI DSS
- Knowledge and understanding of IT technical design and security within an environment governed by standards and codes of compliance
- Integration of GIS to support and further develop the experience given to users of the systems
- Managing suppliers as ICT lead on complex projects and programmes
- Procurement under public sector rules and processes
- Solution design and delivery of a range of network design and configuration devices.
- Designing infrastructure and database solutions required for the operation and evolution of existing and new key business applications.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th November 2016
Interview Date: Wednesday 14th December 2016
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your career as our ICT Development Manager.
Lancaster City Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer and has equal opportunities policies with which you are expected to comply at all times. The City Council condemns all forms of harassment and is actively seeking to promote a workplace where employees are treated with dignity, respect and without bias.