New opportunity not to be missed! Lancaster City Council has a unique opportunity available for a Housing Technician to join the team at Morecambe Town Hall. The role is a full time, permanent position working 37 hours per week, including some out of hours and weekend work. We are offering the Housing Technician a salary of £22,434 - £27,394 per annum plus benefits.
What are the responsibilities of the Housing Technician?
- To visit vulnerable households to assist them in retaining their independence by providing assistance and advice on a range of housing issues including repairs, energy efficiency, accident prevention, security measures etc.
- To undertake surveys and inspections of residential properties as required, together with the preparation of reports detailing conditions under the Health and Hazard Rating System, Decent Homes Standards, general property conditions, defects and repair schedules, home maintenance advice, estimates of repair costs.
- To undertake feasibility studies and to be responsible for the production of tender documentation, drawings and schedules for renovation/refurbishment/maintenance and adaptation projects. To produce project drawings and documentation including schedules of work as required and to project manage ongoing projects.
- To supervise and implement the housing renewal assistance including determination of necessary works, preparation of schedules, approval of costs, assessment of financial assistance, inspections, supervision of ongoing works and certification of payments.
- To deliver initiatives designed to reduce fuel poverty and promote energy saving measures in domestic dwellings, including giving appropriate advice and assistance.
What skills do I need to have to become a Housing Technician?
- Possess a BTEC Higher National certificate in building construction or related studies or a relevant degree
- Experience in Building Maintenance or the construction industry
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of building construction and maintenance techniques and practices
- Ability to carrying out building surveys, identify repairs and maintenance works and preparing reports
- Experience and ability to supervise building works on site
- The ability to prepare bills of quantities, schedule of works and write specifications
- Experience of producing Computer Aided Design drawings
- Inspecting/surveying property, particularly residential buildings
- Recognising building defects and unsatisfactory housing conditions
- Specifying works for the repair and improvement of older buildings, including basic schedules, plans and estimating costs
- Possession of a full, current UK driving licence
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
We offer 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days on completion of 5 years service, access to the local government pension scheme, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and discounted leisure centre membership. The Council currently operates a Flexible Working Hours Scheme.
Closing Date: Monday 9th January 2017
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your career as our Housing Technician.
Lancaster City Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer and has equal opportunities policies with which you are expected to comply at all times. The City Council condemns all forms of harassment and is actively seeking to promote a workplace where employees are treated with dignity, respect and without bias.