2 days left
- Full Time
Latis Scientific Ltd are looking to recruit a Logistics Officer in order to efficiently organise the preparation and delivery of client bottle and media requests, ensuring that requests are actioned within a timely manner, and providing follow up-care with clients, to ensure that requests have been delivered.
As a Logistics Officer, you will need to develop and maintain knowledge of standard operating procedures ensuring that procedures are followed and notify other relevant employees when this has not been complied with.
The Logistics Officer role is responsible for but not limited to:-
• Pre-logging samples on AIS LIMS to produce pre-logged bottle labels.
• Packing and labelling bottles/media/kits as per clients' requests.
• Booking customer bottle deliveries.
• Monitoring client bottle requests via the couriers to ensure that they are delivered, and chasing failed deliveries.
• Upholding and complying with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation and policies or procedures relating to Health & Safety at Work.
• The Logistic Officer will uphold and comply with the requirements of International Standard EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ‘General Requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’.
• To undertake any other reasonable task or responsibility requested by a senior manager
The candidate will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent and also hold a GCSE (or equivalent) in a science-related subject. It is essential that they have previous administrative or data entry experience. The role requires excellent attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
Latis Scientific Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, in line with shift patterns.
Location: Based from Crayford but with travel into central London expected for first few weeks.
Salary: Circa £15,000 per annum rising to £16,000 after 6 months plus benefits including pension and life assurance.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only contact those who are successful after shortlisting.
View the original job article on Hiredonline