Maintenance Operative / Carpenter / Plumber
Job Title: Aquarium Maintenance Technician
Location: North Queensferry, KY11
Salary: circa £22,000
Based in a stunning location in the quaint village of North Queensferry, next to the iconic Forth Rail Bridge, the aquarium is popular and is host to a collection of large Sand Tiger Sharks, Sting rays and lobsters living in one of the longest underwater viewing tunnels in the world. The aquarium also displays various tanks and rock pools containing exotic fish and other sea animals such as the Common Seals and Piranhas.
It will be your role to deliver all maintenance functions throughout the Aquarium on a planned and reactive basis, you are responsible for ensuring that the aquarium is presented to the highest standards, kept in good working order and is safe for all its staff and customers.
This is a varied, integral and hands on role, in which you will report directly to the General Manager on all aspects of general site repairs, mechanical, plumbing and electrical maintenance activities. Duties will include assisting the other departments within the aquarium where required in trouble-shooting and problem-solving.
You will ensure that all plant and equipment on site undergoes regular maintenance and servicing through your direct action or liaising and working with contractors.
This is full time post working on a rota'd basis which includes regular weekends and bank holidays as well as inclusion on an emergency call-out rota.
- Recognised qualifications and experience in mechanical disciplines, electrical engineering, plumbing or joinery would be ideal.
- Experience within the leisure attraction/aquarium industry would also be a distinct advantage as would a qualification in IOSH Managing Safely, although not essential as training will be provided.
- You will be expected to be very personable and able to communicate well with the visitors.
- As this is a hands on role applicants must be in good physical health as the role will include physical activity on a regular basis such as lifting, carrying and general maintenance/manual work.
- Applicants must hold a full, valid UK driver's license.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Trades Person, Multi Trade, Carpenter, Fabric Maintenance Operatives, Maintenance Operative, Trades, Woodcutter Joiner, Joinery Foreman, Working, Finishing Joiner, Carpentry, Woodwork , Joinery Lead, Bench Joiner, Shopfitters, Carpentry Trades, Carpenter, Woodwork, Maintenance Operative, Multi-Trade, Working Bench, Joiner Tradesperson, Fabric Maintenance Operatives, Woodcutter, Joiner, Joinery Foreman, Finishing Joiner, Joinery Lead Shopfitter, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Manager, Joinery would be considered for this role.