Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant - Chelmsford
Can you support the learning of children in a whole class, 1:1 and small group setting? Do you have an interest and genuinely care for the children you work with and their success? Can you progress children in specific areas such as Maths and English? If your answer to these questions is yes, then this could be your perfect next role.
This primary school in the Chelmsford area is looking for a teaching assistant who can provide support and join their team of passionate staff in their successful school community. This school strives for constant outstanding teaching while delivering an inspiring curriculum. They aim for every child to be happy while they learn, and develop the confidence and life skills they need to fulfil their potential. You would be joining a staff team where everyone is valued and teamwork is important.
- Full time teaching assistant role
- Friendly and team orientated staff will make you feel welcomed and supported
- Shared school values which creates a comfortable and pleasant work environment
- On site parking available
- Modern resources and equipment create a memorable learning experience
- Spacious classrooms and grounds
- Professional Development
- Supporting class teachers with classroom management issues, also setting up activities, preparing resources, and helping children on an individual basis
- Running intervention programmes for small groups or individual children
- Some assessments and evaluations on progress levels of learners
- Managing behaviour in all lessons and around school
All applicants for this position must have the following requirements to be considered:
- Relevant teaching assistant experience
- Relevant knowledge of the current national curriculum
- Able to drive may be a benefit but not essential
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous experience working with children with special needs or behaviour issues may be useful.
If this is the role for you then please don't hesitate and apply now!
We work with a high number of Primary, Secondary and Special Needs schools in Essex so if this role isn't the right position for you then please contact us to discuss other roles that will be more suitable for you.
Randstad Education also offers a Guaranteed Work Agreement where we will guarantee to pay you for a certain amount of days each week even if you do not work those days.
We offer a Recommend a Teacher Scheme where we will pay you £300 worth of vouchers for each teacher you recommend once they have worked a short qualifying period.