Principal Contaminated Land Scientist
Principal Contaminated Land Scientist
Rodgers Leask Environmental Ltd
Rodgers Leask are consulting civil, structural, geo-environmental, geotechnical and traffic and transportation engineers established in Derby over 30 years ago.
Rodgers Leask Environmental Limited are currently expanding their dynamic and respected geo-environment team and are looking to recruit a Principal Contaminated Land Scientist to work on Geo-environmental projects throughout the UK.
We are looking for an individual with proven experience in the investigation and risk assessment of land contamination and brownfield land regeneration to support an expanding project workload and client base.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and opportunities.
The geo-environmental team provides strategic advice and innovative solutions to manage our clients’ subsurface environmental liabilities and includes technical specialists in the fields of land contamination assessment, hydrogeology, and environmental engineering.
In your role, you would be expected to support junior and senior staff members in the successful delivery of projects from initial bid to issue of reports, particularly in the areas of geo-environmental site investigation, risk assessment and land quality. The ability to rapidly assimilate site data and provide robust, pragmatic advice pertinent to the clients’ needs is crucial.
Knowledge of current and emerging environmental legislation, guidance and best practice will be a necessity and the ability to provide technical leadership/mentoring to less experienced staff will be pivotal to the success of the role.
In this role the candidate would be responsible for:
- Contributing to a team of engineers, geologists and scientists and further development of our Longbridge office.
- Undertaking and supervising contaminated land phase I desk studies, phase II intrusive site investigations, including contractor supervision, soil sampling and ground gas/vapour/groundwater/surface water monitoring/sampling.
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative human health and controlled waters risk assessments, producing remedial design recommendations and technical report writing.
- Contributing to the development of skills within the company and the development of new services and products.
- Assisting in the winning of business to maintain the current and expanding geo-environmental technical team.
- Supporting senior management in project management to ensure projects are to delivered on-time, on budget and to quality and client expectation.
Ideally the candidate would have:
- A First Degree in Environmental Science or similar and ideally an MSc in Contaminated Land or Hydrogeology and at least 5 years experience working in the Contaminated Land Sector.
- Hold or be working towards chartered status with a relevant institution (CGeol, CEnv, CEng or CIWEM).
- Good technical understanding of geology, site investigation works, ground engineering and risk assessment associated with contaminated land.
- Experience in supervising field work and Ground Investigation techniques, sampling and logging of soil and rock to professional standards and scheduling of laboratory testing.
- Technical and numerical skills demonstrating logical thinking and concise reporting.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to successfully liaise with clients and regulatory bodies such as local authorities and the Environment Agency.
- An excellent attitude to team work and a strong desire to learn and develop your career in a structured environment.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with demonstrable energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Innovative nature with problem-solving skills.
- Current driving licence.
Excellent career progression routes are available to the right candidate. We encourage innovation and will expect a person in such a role to have a strong motivation to continue their professional career development.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including pension scheme.
How to Apply
If you think you may have what we are looking for then please send us your CV including your full contact details and postal address and covering letter to us.
Contact details can be found by clicking the APPLY BUTTON.