Business Development Manager
Business development MANAGER
Salary range: £30,000 - £35,000
Department: Nottingham Forest in the Community
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Employment: Full-time permanent
Closing date: 09 December 2016
Interviews: wc 23 January 2017
We are looking for an experienced professional to develop business opportunities and achieve financial growth to join our team. The ideal candidate will have broad experience across business development and generating revenue. Candidates applying for the role should be dynamic, have a proven track record of securing revenue through a wide range of local, regional and national, public and private sector organisations. We want a person who is enthusiastic and who thrives on balancing multiple priorities.
- Identify new business opportunities and build positive networks with the appropriate decision makers.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities through current and new business networks.
- Work closely with the Relationships Manager to retain current partners and funders.
- Generate a minimum of £200k per annum of new business.
- Set up and attend meetings with decision makers and potential funders.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer, plan approaches and to develop business proposals.
- Present and consult with the Senior Management and operational delivery team on current trends to develop new services, products and offers.
- Work with the operational delivery team to meet partner and stakeholder needs.
- Communicate new programmes and developments to prospective stakeholders.
- Attend events and conferences and provide feedback and information on new opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for events and campaigns that will lead to increased sales.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade, negotiate and influence appropriately.
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Create an accurate and robust CRM system to manage sales and stakeholder engagement.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to ensure that all promotional literature is relevant and available.
- Present business development training and mentoring to internal staff.
- Help define NFitC's long term strategic goals to continually to enhance performance.
- Understanding the funding landscape and market knowledge.
- Research and write comprehensive funding applications to secure programme funding.
- Grow and retain existing stakeholders, partners and funders.
- Track, analyse and report on business milestones to showcase the charity's achievements.
- Implementing high standards of leadership and contributing to staff development and training.
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities required to commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Extensive experience in a business development environment, with a proven track record of generating significant income, ideally within community sport and health.
- Significant understanding of public, private and third sector funding.
- Proven ability to manage and develop senior and diverse relationships.
- Strong CRM system implementation and management.
- Experience managing and leading on fundraising events designed to engage existing and new corporate funders.
- Have a high level of self-drive, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Creative thinker who can develop innovative ways to build partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to persuade, and deliver compelling and concise written emails and reports.
- Good numeracy and IT skills, with the ability to analyse information and compile reports.
- Self motivated and ability to work under personal and organisational pressures.
- Strong financial and budget management.
- Proven track record of achieving KPI's and managing programme outputs.
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you feel that you are suitable for this position to: email@example.com