M&E Project Manager
M&E Project Manager - Cambridge
A leading player in the building services market that provides a range of engineering design and installation services to the construction industry. They are a privately owned company that has an annual turnover in excess of £100m. They have diverse experience and a track record of delivering demanding mechanical and electrical projects within various sectors including hi-tech laboratories, retail and leisure developments, educational establishments and healthcare.
Due to continued company growth they are looking to recruit a M&E Project Manager to be based from their Cambridge office and will be working on new build R&D/laboratories projects up to the value of 10 million pounds.
The main purpose of the role is to assume overall contractual and financial responsibility for allocated projects from contract award to end of defects liability period, thereby ensuring obligations are met and a high profile is given to maximising company profitability.
As the Senior M&E Project Manager you will be responsible to manage other Project Managers and Project Engineers ensuring the projects are running accordingly with the installation and specification requirements whilst ensuring compliance with specification and contract documentation.
You will also need previous experience of financial control as you will be involved in the preparation and issue of Financial Progress Reports by providing a written report on material variances and final cost forecasts for both labour and materials.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Experience of working on large commercial new build projects.
· Working for a Building Services Contractor at a similar level.
· Relevant qualifications, such as ONC/HNC in Building Services or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
· Can be biased either mechanically or electrically, but must be knowledgeable in both disciplines.
· Consistently good financial returns on projects, taking into account all relevant factors.
· Good people management and motivational skills.
· The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
· The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads.
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or if you are keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on 01223 311735 or or 07531183218 or email@example.com