M&E Commercial/Bid Manager - Cambridge
A 90 years old, family owned mechanical and electrical services company are actively looking for an experienced M&E Pre-Construction Manager based in their Cambridge office. The company has an annual turnover in excess of £70 million and directly employs 500 operative, engineering and support staff.
This exciting opportunity is part of the companys on-going growth strategy within the UK. As one of the senior members of the Cambridge office your role will be instrumental in developing the business moving forward, you will work collaboratively with a range of functions within the business to support the delivery of key business operations.
You will have experience in medium to large new build and refurbishment projects within the Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government and Leisure Sectors.
You will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Carefully manage tender submissions and meticulously check final documentation.
· Produce competitive, commercially viable tenders for new and existing clients.
· Participate in handover of successful bids to delivery team.
· Work closely with Operations team, Business Development and Estimating teams to achieve results.
· Analyse and where necessary improve/ correct tender and prequalification documents.
· Utilise exception skills in technical M&E issues to offer expertise in tender submissions.
· Prepare and maintain all associated documentation required by the project.
· Responsible for researching and preparing electrical bids / tenders.
· Ability to identify alternative designs to obtain competitive advantages.
· Able to negotiate the optimum Tender price from suppliers, wholesalers and subcontractors.
· Ensure delivery team understand the technical, financial and key programme issues.
· Able to determine the necessity of site visits to understand build ability and risk.
· Mentor and guide M&E Estimators.
· Managing client contacts in relations to bids.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Comprehensive experience within the construction / M&E sector.
· Exceptional understanding of technical issues relating to M&E installations.
· Solid management level experience within an M&E contractor.
· Proven bid management experience.
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact please contact Adam Brown on 01223 311735 or 07531183218 or email@example.com