Mechanical Manager - Building Services - Housing - Accommodation - Bedfordshire
An established M&E building services contractor are looking for a Mechanical Contract Manager to be based in their office in Bedford, Bedfordshire but will be working in their Housing Division which is predominately private sale and social housing for several National House Builders in the Cambridgeshire, Beds, Bucks & Herts areas.
To be responsible for the planning, execution and closing of multiple consecutive projects to agreed scopes of work and contracts, including the management of time constraints, cost and quality.
Main duties, in particular but not limited to:
· Ensure that adequate and appropriate materials, labour and subcontractors are in place to meet the build programme and project budgets
· Supervise labour and maintain progress in line with the build programme
· Manage the pre-ordering of materials to ensure timely delivery to site
· Identify, report and manage all risks to the timely and cost effective completion of the project
· Form relationships with the supply chain and the dedicated buyer for each project
· Manage quality assurance processes, including test and inspection
· Promote a positive Health & Safety culture throughout the project
· Carry out an induction with all new labour including Health & Safety, payment and personnel elements
· Ensure that labour is sufficiently qualified to carry out the work they have been engaged to complete
· Form close working relationships with the Clients representatives at all levels
· Attend client meetings and provide when requested
· Manage and monitor project budgets and P&L
· Process the subcontractor pay run, including the pre-authorisation of installer invoices prior to Director sign-off
· Agree monthly valuations
· Ensure that any site instruction or variation requested at site is immediately referred to the project surveyor, prior to any work taking place.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Adam Brown on 01223 311735 or 07531183218 or email your CV to email@example.com