Account Executive (York, Circa 25k)
Our client is a leading Events, Conferences and Travel Management agency. They work with large blue-chip corporate and government clients, providing a high quality customer experience both in the UK and overseas.
With high client retention rates, successful new business wins and ambitious growth plans they are looking to recruit an Account Executive to join their vibrant team and champion their values.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience in an Account Management Support or Sales Administrative role (ideally in the meetings or travel industry).
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients, understand customer requirements and interpret situations are key
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and a passion for good customer service
- Accuracy and attention to detail, efficient and organised
- Good computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience using a CRM system (they are currently integrating Salesforce)
- Able to work on own initiative, under pressure and with flexibility
Some of the key tasks will be:
- Account Management 50%, New Business Support 30% & Research/Project Support 20%
- Account Management of assigned Travel & Conference accounts
- Proactively schedule client meetings with procurement, key client departments and end user activity to support the outlined client objectives and deliver ROI
- Attend face-to-face qualification meetings with potential new clients
- Attend potential new client pitch presentations as the proposed Account Manager
- Oversee the implementation of new accounts and resolve teething problems
- Work within company Service Level Agreements.
- Travel UK wide, especially as a high percentage of clients are located in the South
To attend client meetings and end user evening activity you will be required to travel and stay away from home, this can be once a week but as the company grows will increase. Therefore the candidate must have excellent diary management skills, be flexible with working hours and your personal circumstances must allow for this.
Based on the Science Park near York University, our client has modern offices with good transport links and within 5 minutes of the main campus.
24 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Salary: Based on experience, Circa 25k
Our client would like to receive CV's with covering letters from applicants.