REFRIGERATION ENGINEER - NORTH
Salary £35k-£40k, depending on skills and experience
The company delivers nationwide refrigeration, mechanical and electrical services to a range of business customers. From design and manufacture to installation and service and maintenance, we are committed to excellence in understanding, delivering, and managing our customers' needs.
The company was established in 1988 by a group of engineers committed to delivering the very best in both technical expertise and customer service. Since then it has grown from a relatively small refrigeration contracting business, to one that also included air conditioning, to one that today includes a full range of M&E services alongside refrigeration and air conditioning. Our commitment, however, remains the same.
We have an annual turnover of over £100 million, making us one of the largest and fastest growing players in the industry. Based in Bristol, with a network of regional offices throughout the UK, the company is well established and respected in the industry and carries out work for major blue chip clients which include Tesco, Sainsbury's, Marks and Spencer, Tulip Foods and The Samworth Brothers Group.
Skill set and qualifications
* Possesses the relevant technical skills and knowledge required. These may include some or all of the following elements; refrigeration and alarms systems, air conditioning and building controls, food factory equipment, general equipment, electrical, fabric repairs.
* Possesses the technical competencies and certificates relevant to the skill set and grade. E.g. 2079 Refrigerant handling, SPA Petrol Passport, ACRIB.
* Relevant post qualification experience in the industry at the grade of engineer.
* Successfully completed a recognised training course in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
* Previous CO2 experience an advantage.
* Using client systems for example /PQA/IMS-Evolve etc.
* Carrying out calls as allocated by Service Control.
* Collection and fitting of parts as directed by the Senior Managing Engineer / Operations Manager.
* Diagnosing and fixing equipment breakdowns.
* Updating service records and timekeeping information in an accurate and timely way.
* Updating client reporting systems in an accurate and timely way.
* Other related tasks required by the company in order to ensure the area operates effectively.
Personal qualities required
* Excellent attitude and approach to work.
* Excellent people management, customer care and interpersonal skills.
* Highly self reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
* Working a shift pattern as appropriate to the area.
* Mobile - within designated area.
* Senior Managing Engineer
* A company vehicle will be provided as appropriate to the role. (The company reserves the right to alter vehicles and/or entitlements as it deems necessary).
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and declares its opposition to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age - Further details of the company's Equal Opportunities Policy can be found in the Employee Handbook.
Click 'Apply' to forward your CV.