Multi skilled engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
LOCATION: Forth, Lanark
Closing Date: 9th December
Multi-skilled engineer role:
To maintain a wide range of recycling equipment, on a newly built start up plant. Carry out general maintenance and installation as required. Working with the companies planned maintenance system on a day to day basis with the ability of working on own initiative during shift. Reporting to the engineering manager. The primary role will be preventative maintenance on various pieces of refuse recycling machinery and equipment, as well as responding to emergency machine breakdowns throughout the plant. Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose. Dayshift working initially but must be prepared to work shifts, work overtime and respond to call outs as required in line with the remit of the post. This role will also play a key part in driving the sites continuous improvement.
Multi-skilled engineer responsibilities:
- Assist in the design off, promotion and carry out preventative maintenance
- Ensure all machines and work procedures are safe and fit for purpose
- Electrical /mechanical LOTO procedures and controls are in place as required
- Review and advise on engineering requirements and drawings
- Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits
- Actively promote safe working practices throughout the plant
- Work with and assist the coordination of contractors
- Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined specifications
- Fault find, test, adjust and the removal off existing fittings, fixtures and parts
- Carry out detailed fault diagnosis to determine the fault and then undertake the most cost effective solution to remedy the defect.
- Effective communication – keeping management and relevant parties aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
- Any other duty as may be required commensurate with the grading of the post and the skill of the post holder.
- Communicating any unscheduled downtime to engineering and production managers and the corrective action required.
- Ensuring that all processes are conducted within safe working guidelines as determined by the engineering manager and health & safety officer.
Multi-skilled engineer key job elements
- To ensure compliance with the fundamentals of H&S
- To adhere to and apply current IEE regulations in all work controlled
- To ensure that the PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment) Regulations 1998 are adhered to, specifically, but not limited to:
- That all equipment is suitable for its use
- That employees adequately trained on machinery used
- That all equipment and machinery are maintained and repaired with adequate records
- Focus on safe efficient reliable maintenance and operation of equipment to ensure the production of quality products
- Make the engineering manager aware of any maintenance issues or electrical faults in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ensure good housekeeping in and around maintained equipment is to a high standard.
- To identify with engineering manager any possible process/plant improvements and implement the agreed improvements from design to commissioning.
- Ability to solve problems via advanced technical knowledge, root cause analysis and theory testing
- Knowledge of electrical, control or plant engineering
- An awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Knowledge of control systems
- knowledge of 17th Edition
- Knowedge of Mechanical, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Experience working in a factory – process environment
- Hands on experience of maintenance and engineering works in a heavy process or recycling process.
- Worked within busy environment with many time pressures being imposed
- Previous experience of electrical and control systems.
- Minimum HNC or above in relevant discipline or 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Time served apprenticeship
- full driving licence
If you would like to be considered for this Multi-skilled engineer position then please click ‘APPLY’ below.
View the original job article on Hiredonline