IT Desktop Support Assistant
Due to huge growth in the business, we are currently seeking motivated and career-driven candidates to join our IT department within a desktop support role.
Ultimate Products Ltd is currently experiencing fantastic success off the back of our branded strategy and has seen turnover rise from £50m to £80m in just 2 years. The forecasted figures show continual increases that are likely to exceed our £100m turnover target in less than 2 years time. As a result the Company is currently on a massive recruitment drive to expand its core departments and support the upcoming business expansion.
With a focus on branded products across 12 different consumer categories, including Housewares, Electrical SDA and Audio, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our brand portfolio includes heritage brands such as Beldray and Progress as well as established brands including Russell Hobbs , Salter , Intempo , Disney , ZFrame & Constellation .
As IT Desktop Support Assistant within the Company, you will provide essential support to the IT team in various aspects, allowing other team members to allocate time to project work. The role also includes providing day to day desktop support to over 100 users. Jobs will be allocated using the IT Ticket system, which must be updated accurately as work is completed so that users are informed of progress.
- Assisting with general desktop support queries focused around a Microsoft environment
- Building and deploying client machines for new starters in line with IT policies
- Maintaining and ensuring continuous availability of IT services such as printing and WiFi
- Assisting with iPad and iPhone queries and providing support, guidance and training to other members of staff
- Supporting Avaya PBX phone system – ensuring users’ desk phones are working properly and assist with any desk moves
- Assist with project related work including infrastructure and application development
If you’re looking for a hands on role within a dynamic and growing international business, our position will offer a unique opportunity for practical experience, career progression and professional development. This is an ideal role for someone wanting to develop their knowledge and skills within the field of IT support and infrastructure.
We look for hardworking, self-motivated and reliable candidates with:
- Recent IT or Computing degree (or equivalent) is desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Windows 7, Server 2008 R2 and Office 2007 (essential). Active Directory maintenance (desired)
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge in Apple OSX environment (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to interact with users on a regular basis
- At least 1 year’s work experience ideally within an office environment
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally or willing to commute
Fit our criteria? Apply now!
At Ultimate we strive for success in everything we do and not only meet our customers’ expectations but exceed them. Our continued success is down to the efforts of our dedicated team and we are always looking for new team members with an equal desire to succeed and progress their careers.
To apply for our roles, please get in touch or visit our website for our latest job vacancies. www. upgs.com
Don’t forget to follow our twitter page: @UPGS_Trainees for current updates and job opportunities.
graduate, development, training, progression, opportunities, promotion, IT, technologist, Desktop, support, technician, analysis, problem solving, supply chain, business, communications, information technology