Here at Advanced Supply Chain we have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to join our Warehouse team based in Corby. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from 6 UK locations and supply our customers with end-to-end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
Our mission is to operate at the leading edge by using knowledge and technology to enhance our customers’ competitiveness and create shared growth.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities of a Supervisor:
Leadership for the nominated shift ensuring that customer service levels are met and that all health and safety practices are complied with at all times. This role will be a key position reporting to the Operations Management and will involve:
- Ensuring that the operation is fully resourced within agreed plans and budget.
- Managing productivity and KPI targets.
- Supporting the recruitment, management, coaching and development of the team ensuring they are multi skilled, increasing the efficiency of the workforce.
- Responsible for monitoring the efficiency the team, making suggestions for improvement.
- Implement lean and put forward ideas to improve efficiency.
- Providing direction and leadership, driving for sustainable results, raising morale and inspiring individual commitment.
- All other tasks as required for the successful accomplishment of the duties of a Supervisor
To become our Supervisor you must have the following skills and experience:
- A good functional knowledge of warehousing.
- Applicants must have previous experience of good people management.
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety in a warehouse and distribution environment.
- A high level of detail consciousness, accuracy and timeliness.
- Good leadership, and influencing skills.
- NVQ Team Leading and Leadership qualifications are desirable
- Able to develop others through coaching interventions.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
The required shift pattern will operate from Monday to Friday 15.45 until 24.15, or 17.45 until 02.15.
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Supervisor please click ‘apply’ today.