Home Care Assistants & Companions – Excellent training!
We are looking for Home Care Assistants & Companions in the Reading area. You will ideally live in the Reading area in Caversham, Central Reading, Woodley, Earley, Tilehurst, Calcot, Southcote, Purley & Whitley.
Working for an award-winning provider, our client specialises in providing Companion lead support to private clients living in the local area. This is a typical example of one of our customers:
“I’ve lived in my house for the last 40 years and it holds all my memories. Many of my friends have now died so I get lonely. Although I can do things for myself, I am not as independent or confident doing things for myself, around the house or when I am out and about as much as I used to be!"
As my Home Care Assistant & Companion you would be available to help me when I really need it for example:
- Helping me with my morning routine, picking me some clothes and maybe helping me to wash and dress myself, giving me the motivation to get up in the morning and making sure I eat breakfast.
- Heating up a meal for me at lunch time or helping me prepare something fresh – I hope you can make great mash potatoes but if not smash will be fine!
- I do have to take some medication so just a reminder or a help in hand to take them is always helpful!
- I may from time to time require help with tidying round my house.
- Taking me out shopping or to hospital/doctors’ appointments when needed. I love to shop!
- I’m not as nimble on my feet as I used to be so just a hand up the stairs to make sure I don’t fall.
- I also sometimes need help with my bedtime routine - I do love a bath before I climb into bed!
You would need to be available during the week -mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons or evenings and weekends, part time from 10-30 hours per week. Don’t worry even just an hour at weekends helps and it doesn’t have to be every weekend, bobbing in for an hour just to fix me my lunch makes a huge difference!
Here’s the great bit, you get paid to be my Companion!
To be my Home Care Assistant & Companion you can be any age, will be paid £8.40 per hour - £18.00 per hour (Bank Holidays) and you will receive excellent training. But most of all you will be making a great friend! It really took me a long time to think about having a companion but now I have it has made a massive difference to my life. My companions are also my friends, we have lots of laughs together. But most of all they make a massive difference to my life because I get to stay independent! Could you be my Companion?
Are you a car driver, have time to spare and would love to make a difference to my life every day? If so, I’d love to hear from you.
If you feel you would make a great companion and friend please click on the “apply “button and we will be in touch to discuss your application further.
Health & Social Care Jobs act as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our candidates and clients, we specialise in permanent recruitment nationally throughout the Health and Social care sectors. We are experts in Domiciliary care, Elderly, Learning Disabilities, and Social Housing recruitment and have over 10 years’ experience in the Sector, please visit our website healthsocialcarejobs and view our testimonials to find out how we differ from other Recruitment Agencies and can help you with your recruitment needs.