£17,870 per annum
38 hours per week, shift rota
Our Client is a Christian charity seeking to serve the community through its extensive supported accommodation and resettlement work, recreational, educational, faith, schools and outreach work and personal development training.
Concierge – Job description and purpose
To work as part of the Supported Housing Team to provide an efficient and effective service to clients aged 18-64. As Concierge you will have particular responsibility for the security of the building and the health and safety of all residents and visitors. The Concierge will act as the first point of contact for key stakeholders and partner organisations and will be required to deliver a professional service to all those accessing our client’s Supporting Housing and related programmes.
- To act as the first point of call to the company, answering telephones, taking messages and resolving queries wherever possible.
- To ensure the security of the residents and building.
- To assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment by ensuring that residents and guests are aware of all relevant procedures.
- To manage the processing of referrals to the service and update support staff as required.
- To appropriately enforce house rules and Licence Agreement stipulations.
- To update and maintain a current residents list and floor plan.
- To monitor guests in the building and ensure that they are signed in and out of the scheme.
- Ensure unauthorised persons do not access the building.
- Undertake administrative duties as requested by the Scheme Manager.
- To manage the CCTV and to monitor the security of the grounds and building.
- Perform and record regular site patrols.
- Check fire safety equipment is adequate and report any repair requirements.
- To ensure effective and accurate completion of health and safety logs, surveillance sheets and other records as required ensuring that information about security and health and safety is communicated to the rest of the team.
- To assist the support staff with weekly room checks.
- Work with support staff to ensure that voids are monitored and works ordered promptly.
- Ensure that the inventory is monitored and goods are ordered as required.
- Ensure that information boards are updated each month with information regarding training, employment and education and other information as requested by the team.
- Ensure that 100% of repairs are reported at the earliest opportunity to all appropriate parties.
- To monitor, order and maintain the stationery to be used in the scheme.
- To monitor, order and maintain the emergency food store.
- To distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including purchasing of stamps.
- To provide administrative support including typing correspondence, fielding telephone calls and photocopying.
- Perform appropriate financial transactions accurately.
- To maintain manual and electronic filing systems including daily updates of the housing management software.
- Promote and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures including Safeguarding, Confidentiality and Data Protection.
- Contribute to consistent management of quality service delivery through the PQASSO methodology
- Working with vulnerable people aged 18-64 years old
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with residents
- Ability to work as part of the team, but also on own initiative and to be able to work alone
- Excellent record keeping and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively using various mediums; text, telephone, email and in person – with residents, guests and other visitors
- Ability to develop relationships with residents and manage challenging behaviour
- Understanding of the issues that affect people in their lives especially during adolescence
- Understanding of issues effecting vulnerable and homeless people
- Ability to wok flexible hours including evenings, weekends and nights
- Maintain and observe conditions of health and safety
- Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training
- Ability to respect the Christian Ethos of the company and uphold its values
- Be committed to their Equality and Diversity Policy
- Clean enhanced DBS check
- Identifying the needs of vulnerable young homeless people and working with them to manage these needs and develop life skills.
- Communicating with a diverse range of people
The next step & how to apply…
To join their team, the next step is to apply online. Simply click the apply button and submit your CV.